A ginger haired woman leaning against a wall smiling

At Harrogate College, students facing financial barriers can access a range of support to help them succeed with their studies. With support for meals and travel passes available, don’t let money worries hold you back from your future. 

The following financial support is available to eligible students to help with costs associated with studying: 

  • 16–19 Discretionary Bursary
  • 16–18 Priority Fund 
  • 19+ Discretionary Fund 

Student Financial Support Fund 

You may be eligible to receive the following support, depending on your individual circumstances: 

  • Travel passes. 
  • Meals, including supermarket vouchers whilst on internships and work placements. 
  • Childcare costs. 
  • Hardship and emergency funds. 
  • Advanced Learner Loan students may also receive support with course- related equipment, kit and uniform as well as education visits and residentials. 
  • Free sanitary products. 
  • For other students, course- related costs are funded by departments. 
boy in a white jumper smiling with his arms crossed

Don’t let childcare worries stand in your way. You may be eligible for support with the costs of childcare whilst you study. We have the following financial support for eligible students: 

  • Childcare costs for under 20s – Care to Learn is a national childcare funding scheme for young parents. To apply follow this link Care to Learn Application.
  • 20+ Childcare Fund – If you are aged 20 or over, you can apply for help with childcare costs.

Childcare Funding Application Form 2020

Childcare Quote Form 2020-21

Please look at our guide  Finding and Funding Childcare it gives information about finding local childcare providers and more details about applying for help with childcare costs.

A boy smiling at the camera whilst holding some electrical parts

How to apply 

Whilst our systems are down, please use the Google Form for students to register intention of interest for full application of funds (to start the process).

Please use this form if payments are to be made into a third-party account on behalf of the student.

Please use this form if the payment is to be made directly into the student’s own personal bank account.