Ready to get started? We’re more prepared than ever.
At Harrogate College, we’re passionate about giving students skills they can use in university and later careers. We offer qualifications in a wide range of subjects and education levels for all interests, backgrounds and aspirations. There’s still time to apply for a place on a course for September 2021 – find out more about our options below.
What are vocational Level 3 qualifications?
Vocational Level 3 qualifications are an alternative to A levels and apprenticeships, and offer another route to higher education. Courses last for two years and open up multiple progression routes on completion – be it university, employment or another course at a higher level.
- Combine work experience with academic study
- Focused learning on your area of interest
- Specialist facilities that develop technical skills for higher levels of study or work
- Links to industry partnerships that foster professional connections
What courses are available?
We appreciate no two people are the same, which is why we offer qualifications in a variety of subjects and levels to suit different interests, learning styles and circumstances.
Our diverse course offering means you can choose to study a:
- Access to Higher Education Diploma – courses that prepare people for study at university, even if they don’t have the required qualifications (e.g. A level or vocational Level 3 qualification). Our subjects include health science, and humanities and social sciences.
- Vocational Level 3 Qualification – vocational courses that give you relevant skills in a range of industries including marketing, fine art, and interior design.
- Vocational Level 4 Qualification – higher education courses for people who want to progress their skills to the next level. For example, you can master your finance knowledge with detailed, specialist learning on our Level 4 accounting course.
- Vocational Level 5 Degree – flexible, entry-level degrees that relate directly to your chosen profession – allowing you to gain skills that further your career without studying a full degree. Available in subjects such as biomedical and pharmaceutical sciences; leadership and management; and games development.
- Vocational Level 6 Top-Up Degree – a one-year course that complements your Level 5 qualification, bringing it up to a full undergraduate degree.
- Vocational Level 7 Master’s Degree – acquire practical skills at postgraduate level with an MA in creative practice.
What are apprenticeships?
Apprenticeships combine studying with paid work. They allow students to specialise in a particular field and work towards a specific qualification through on-the-job experience.
Interested in an Apprenticeship?
Harrogate College has a wide and varied apprenticeship offering, covering all industry sectors.
Our apprenticeships start from GCSE to degree-level, enabling you to gain the education you’re looking for through an apprenticeship.
View our current apprenticeship vacancies
Why Harrogate College?
“The Level 3 course at Harrogate College gave me the opportunity to find out exactly what career I was interested in and how to get there.” Thomas Smith, Level 3 Applied Science
We constantly strive to create an environment where students can reach their academic potential, whilst being guided towards their goals.
Studying with us offers:
With industry-standard facilities and motivating learning environments, all students benefit from a college education that enhances and develops their skills. Some of our excellent facilities include our Technology Centre, contemporary Bistro, art and fashion studios, realistic hair and beauty salons, and our practical science laboratories.
Expert academic knowledge
Our teachers are all experts in their specific fields and are passionate about passing their knowledge on to you. Whether it’s a teacher-led class or practical learning in a real-life work environment, you’ll experience motivational teaching that pushes you towards your goals.
Vibrant student life
From our bustling campus to our extracurricular societies and activities, you’ll be part of Harrogate College life from day one. Why not take a break from your studies with a mouth-watering meal in our Bistro? Our support services can also help you with any academic or personal concerns.
Time to apply
The first step is to explore the courses we offer. From there, students can choose their ideal course and make an application online to start this September.