Apprentice Pharmacy Technician (Wain’s Grove, York)
The Pharmacy Group are an independent family run pharmacy company who are looking to expand their great team at their Wain’s Grove (York) Pharmacy. There is an exciting new vacancy for an apprentice technician to join the friendly and well-respected team at the heart of the local community. This is a fantastic opportunity for the ideal candidate, where you would be dealing with duties such as, assembling medicines for prescriptions.
What will the apprentice be doing?
You will work as part of our experienced pharmacy team to:
- Supply high quality dispensing to individual patients, nursing and care homes
- Assemble medicines for prescriptions
- Support the management of the day-to-day operation of the pharmacy
- Respond appropriately to medical emergencies
- Provide information to patients and other healthcare professionals
- Communicate effectively with healthcare professionals, patients and the public, whilst respecting and maintaining confidentiality and privacy
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 3 Pharmacy Technician (Integrated) Apprenticeship Standard, including Level 3 Diploma in the Principles and Practice for Pharmacy Technicians:
- Apprenticeship training will follow a work-based learning model, in which you will be based in the workplace full-time
- Monthly visits and progress reviews with your work based assessor will be used to guide and support you through your apprenticeship off the job learning and preparation for end point assessment
- General Pharmaceutical Council accredited qualification
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
You will have the opportunity to pursue a valued career through support from not only your manager, but also from our head office team. You will benefit from the encouragement to develop your role and advance your career including Accuracy Checking Technician training.