Human Resource Management CIPD Certificate Level 5
This intermediate level CIPD qualification will give you a broader perspective of the organisational issues facing HR professionals while enabling you to develop effective analytical and problem-solving skills.
Set at undergraduate level, this qualification will develop your ability to evaluate the effectiveness of different HR models and practices and will increase the understanding of the external factors that impact upon HR activities and organisations. The Human Resource Management CIPD Certificate Level 5 will provide you with a professionally recognised qualification and Associate professional membership of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (Assoc CIPD).
This course is for you if you:
- Seek to develop a career in HR management and development.
- Are working in the field of HR management and development and need to extend your knowledge and skills.
- Have responsibility for implementing HR policies and strategies.
- Need to understand the role of HR in the wider organisational and environmental context.
|Cost £724||Exam Fee|
|When 12/01/2021||Duration24 weeks|
|LevelLevel 5||AttendanceFull Time|
The course contains six units, each focusing on a core element of human resource management and development. It utilises practical application with a deeper understanding of recognised research and theory to develop a broader understanding of the importance of HR.
These units include:
- Developing Professional Practice
- Business Issues and the Context of HR
- Employment Law
- Resourcing and Talent Planning
- Employee Engagement
- Using Information in Human Resources
You will gain a detailed understanding of the knowledge, skills and behaviour required of a professional HR manager, whether your role is generalist in nature or specialist.
In addition, you will gain an understanding of how HR activities support an organisation’s strategy to achieve business objectives and how these are shaped by internal and external factors.
You will gain a solid understanding of the purpose of employment regulation and the way it is enforced, recruitment and retention strategies and the concept and components of employee engagement and evidence showing its contribution to achieving business outcomes.
You will also gain the ability to analyse HR information and present findings to inform decision-making to draw meaningful conclusions and evaluate options for change.
There are no exams on this course. To successfully complete this qualification, students will complete an assignment for each unit studied. Assignments can take the form of written reports (approx. 3,000 words), presentations or group activities which will be observed.
You will also need to demonstrate your ongoing commitment to professional development by keeping up-to-date plans and records.
All submitted work has to show academic research and application of theory to relevant work-related situations, use Harvard referencing and be delivered to a specific time schedule. Guidance will be given on how to prepare and deliver suitable reports and presentations.
Feedback will be given on all assessed work and students are expected to use the feedback to further develop their written and presentation skills as part of their continuous development as professionals.
Students must meet one of the following minimum entry requirements:
- A relevant qualification to NVQ Level 3.
- At least two A levels (typically such candidates will also have good personnel, development or management experience).
- A “Foundation” level qualification from the CIPD (for example L&D or HRP certificate).
- A Personnel or Training Practice CIPD Certificate (CPP or CTP).
- An equivalent or higher level award from nationally recognised educational or professional bodies in a relevant area.
- Significant experience in the field of HR practice.
Hit the ‘Apply Here’ button to begin the enrolment process and secure your place. Alternatively, complete the enquiry form or call the college on 01423 879 466 and ask to for a message to be sent to the CIPD course leader.