FD Leadership and Management
|Cost £7,950 Full Time (per academic year) or £3,975 Part Time (per academic year)||Exam Fee|
|When September 2021||Duration 2 years Full Time or 4 years Part Time|
Modules may include
- Introduction to Leadership and Management
- Managing Resources
- Understanding Organisations and Environments
- Finance and Marketing for Managers
- Managing Customer Relations
- Professional Development
- Project Management
- Leading People and Performance
- Personal Learning and Development in Organisations
- Strategy, Innovation and Enterprise
- Managing Continuous Improvement and Change
- Work-related Learning
You will develop a range of academic skills such as presenting, referencing, research and writing, as well as many skills required by employers such as communication, use of IT, teamwork, independent work and dealing with the general public.
Leadership and management skills will also be developed, appropriate to varying occupational sectors.
Continuous assessment ensures that your progress is monitored throughout the modules with personal tutor support.
A variety of assessment methods are used, including presentations, role-plays, professional discussions, portfolios and reports.
A detailed assessment grid can be found in the course handbook.
- A typical offer is likely to consist of:A Levels: 2xD grades one of which to be in a relevant subject.BTEC Level 3 Diploma or Extended Diploma: MP, MPP grade in relevant subjects.Access to HE Diploma: Overall pass with 60 credits, with 24 credits to be at a Merit grade in a relevant subject.GCSE English (Desirable): English Language Grade C or above (grade 4 for those sitting their GCSE from 2017 onwards). Key Skills Level 2, Functional Skills Level 2 and the Certificate in Adult Literacy are accepted in place of GCSEs.GCSE Maths (Desirable): Maths Grade C or above (grade 4 for those sitting their GCSE from 2017 onwards). Key Skills Level 2, Functional Skills Level 2 and the Certificate in Adult Numeracy are accepted in place of GCSEs.IELTS: IELTS 6.0 with no less than 5.5 in any component.International qualifications: International qualifications will be assessed against these criteriaMature applicants: Harrogate College welcomes applications from mature* applicants who may not have met the academic criteria, but who can demonstrate a wealth of experience in their chosen field. Candidates in this category and otherwise are likely to be interviewed to assess their suitability for the course and may be asked to provide a portfolio of evidence to support their application.
*21 years and over at the start of the course.
RPLclaims: The course structure actively supports claims for Recognition of Prior Certified Learning (RPCL) or Recognition of Prior Experiential Learning (RPEL).
Interviews / audition:A successful interview may be required.
All of the necessary chemicals and equipment (including personal safety items such as lab coats and safety glasses) will be provided at no additional cost.
Progression includes a top-up degree, or full-time employment.
Job opportunities may include
- Human resources manager
- Management consultant
- Business development manager
- Leadership/management roles in any sector
For all relevant policies and procedures and other relevant documents please see the University Centre Leeds website here.