Pharmacy T Level at Harrogate College
Study pharmacy in a brilliant learning environment with expert support and state-of-the art facilities.
The new T Levels are designed as an alternative to A Levels, apprenticeships and other 16 to 19 courses, focusing on vocational skills to help you get into skilled employment, higher study or apprenticeships. Harrogate College is now offering the Pharmacy T Level, which will teach you everything you need to know to become a pharmacy technician.
Pharmacy technicians are registered professionals who work in a wide range of settings, such as:
- Registered pharmacies
- Community services
- GP practices
- Dispensing doctors’ practices
- Care homes and clinical commissioning groups
- Mental health centres
- Public services (HM Armed Forces)
- Pharmaceutical industry
During your T Level, you’ll learn how to manage the supply of medicines and devices in a pharmacy and assist pharmacists with advisory services. You’ll also learn about your responsibilities for carrying out both routine and specialist services, including working both individually and as part of a multidisciplinary team.
About Pharmacy T Level
- The T Level in Pharmacy is a full-time two year course that includes both mixed theory and practical work.
- The entry requirements are five GCSE passes (grade 4 or above) including English, maths and science, or a pass in a relevant Level 2 qualification.
- Students will spend 80% of their time in the classroom and 20% on a 45-day placement with an employer.
- The course is free for anyone aged 16-18.
Interested in a Pharmacy T Level?
About T Levels
- T Levels are an alternative to A Levels, apprenticeships and other 16 to 19 courses.
- Equivalent to 3 A levels, a T-Level focuses on vocational skills and can help you into skilled employment, higher study or apprenticeships.
- Students spend 80% of the course in the classroom, learning the skills that employers need, and the other 20% in a meaningful industry placement.
- Harrogate College have completed plans to offer new two-year T-Levels in science and pharmacy from 2021 and construction and business finance from 2022.