Have a Go at Harrogate College
Are you looking to develop your expertise and learn something new?
At Harrogate College, we are all about providing life-changing opportunities through quality education and training that is tailored to meet the needs of our local employers and community.
This year, we’re inviting adults aged 19 and over to come into college to discover our range of diverse subjects, as part of the Festival of Learning.
Festival of Learning
The Festival of Learning is a national campaign which celebrates lifelong learning for adults.
The festival’s mission is to demonstrate the benefits of adult learning and raise awareness across the country. Some of the key reasons to engage in adult learning include:
- Wellbeing: Wellbeing is at the heart of adult learning, enabling learners to meet new people and improve self-esteem.
- Flexibility: Adult education can be a flexible service that accommodates other commitments, such as families and jobs.
- Opportunities: There are adult learner providers across the district that can offer personalised and specialised learning experiences.
- Confidence: Lifelong learning enriches the lives of learners, providing them with better opportunities and the ability to adapt to unexpected changes.
Take part in our Have a Go Fortnight
If you’re interested in adult learning, but aren’t sure which course is for you, why not come down to college and get a taste of our diverse curriculum areas?
Our Have a Go Fortnight will be running from 1 to 12 November at Harrogate College, which prides itself on providing exceptional education and training within a nurturing and inclusive environment.
Over these two weeks, we’re inviting all adults across the region to learn something new, enhance employability and improve wellbeing through our bespoke adult taster sessions.
Book on these sessions using this link. Our available taster sessions include:
- 3 November: Have a Go Hairdressing from 6.15pm to 7.15pm.
- 4 November: Still Life Drawing from 4pm to 5pm.
- 4 November: SoundScapes – Introduction to film and animation from 4pm to 5pm.
- 9 November: Ceramics and Print from 4pm to 5pm.
- 11 November: Computer Software Interior Designs from 4pm to 5pm.
As part of the Festival of Learning, we’re working with local partners across the district to deliver programmes and events that develop the skills and support the mental health and wellbeing of adults.
Discover our upcoming events here.