T Levels are new two-year qualifications that follow on from GCSEs.
They offer a mix of classroom learning and practical experience, which makes them a beneficial alternative to A levels.
One T Level is equivalent to three A levels, making it ideal for individuals who want to focus on a particular subject instead of studying three or four different ones.
This modern approach to learning allows students to benefit from academic education whilst building sought-after skills.
T Levels help you enter your chosen career or university by bringing real-world experience to the classroom. Each course is taught by an industry professional who teaches the underpinning knowledge and principles of a sector through classroom-based learning. Students will then spend 20% of their time completing a 45-day work placement with an employer, where they will gain specialist skills and a minimum of 315 hours of professional experience.
1. It’s a nationally recognised qualification
2. One T Level = three A levels
3. You get the best of both worlds with 80% classroom work and 20% work experience
4. You progress to university and employment
5. You get up to 315 hours of professional experience
6. It teaches the industry skills employers want
7. You learn directly from industry professionals
8. It’s ideal if you know what you want to specialise in
9. Endorsed by more than 200 businesses
10. No course fees
You can choose a T Level at Harrogate College: