Harrogate College is a member of the Luminate Education Group. Find information about our latest vacancies here.
Harrogate College, a member of the Luminate Education Group, provides a professional and friendly environment with excellent facilities. We pride ourselves on working closely with employers, the local community and other stakeholders to provide curriculum and support that meets the needs of our students. We are working towards becoming a recognised centre of green excellence which is supported through our sustainability pledge to become a net zero college by 2035.
We have recently been awarded £16m of government funding to transform our campus. The energy-efficient new building will include a workshop unit that provides large scale facilities aligned to industry needs including advanced manufacturing, low carbon construction, retrofit, sustainable energy and bioeconomy, health science and hospitality. This will complement the college’s existing tech centre which is home to its motor vehicle, electrical, joinery and welding workshops.
Choosing to work for Harrogate College means that you will be part of a nurturing, inclusive and progressive learning environment. We hope that we will be part of the next step in your career and look forward to welcoming you to Harrogate College.
- Annual leave entitlement – If you work full time, you’ll get at least 27 days holiday plus bank holidays and up to 5 discretionary closure days at Christmas (pro rata for part time staff).
- Support Staff 27 days (increasing to 32 days after 5 years service)
- Academic 37 days
- Senior Management 37 days
- Generous Pension schemes
- Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Memberships and discounts – employees can sign up to various membership cards and discount schemes such as TOTUM card (formerly NUS card).
- Travel and commuting – discounted travel available through Metro card, Northern Rail, First Bus, Arriva Bus and Cycle to work schemes. Harrogate Campus also has free onsite parking for all staff.
Learning and development opportunities – including staff development days
- Employee wellbeing initiatives
- Flexible and hybrid working opportunities – this will vary depending on role requirements
At Luminate Education Group we are committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all our students including children, young people, and vulnerable adults. We expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We follow the Safer Recruitment requirements and best practice as set out within Keeping Children Safe in Education statutory guidance. All successful applicants will be required to complete mandatory pre-employment checks which include an enhanced DBS check, online checks and must have two satisfactory references.