Apprentice Commis Chef
Ripley Castle Estate, including the Boar’s Head Inn and Tearoom, are a family-owned hospitality and tourism business, just north of Harrogate on the 36-bus route. We believe it is our people who make the difference, and we care deeply about our staff. We work together to deliver great service. This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate.
What will the apprentice be doing?
You will be working across three different service kitchens including:
- Boar’s Head Inn
- Castle conference & banqueting
- Across each service kitchen you will report to the Estate Head Chef.
Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Assisting with the preparation, cooking, and finishing of food across all food and beverage areas on the Estate
- Ensuring the quality of the food items produced meet brand, organisational and legislative requirements
- Receiving, checking, and correctly storing deliveries as well as checking and reporting food items and stock levels
- Contributing to improving the culinary offer of their organisation
- Being responsible for maintaining high standards of personal, food and kitchen hygiene
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 2 Commis Chef Apprenticeship Standard:
- Apprenticeship training will follow a work-based learning model, in which you will be based in the workplace full time
- Monthly visits and progress reviews with your work-based assessor will be used to guide and support you through your apprenticeship off the job learning and preparation for end point assessment
- Functional skills qualifications in maths & English if required
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
TRipley Castle Estate promotes internal recognition, recruiting internally to elevate and support you with your Career Development goals.