Apprentice Commis Chef
Ripley Castle Estate, including the Boar’s Head Inn and Tearoom, are a family-owned hospitality and tourism business, We work together to deliver great service. This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate. Duties will include assisting with the preparation, cooking, and finishing of food across all food and beverage areas on the Estate.
What will the apprentice be doing?
You will be working across three different service kitchens including:
- Boar’s Head Inn
- Castle conference & banqueting
- Across each service kitchen you will report to the Estate Head Chef.
Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Assisting with the preparation, cooking, and finishing of food across all food and beverage areas on the Estate
- Ensuring the quality of the food items produced meet brand, organisational and legislative requirements
- Receiving, checking, and correctly storing deliveries as well as checking and reporting food items and stock levels
- Contributing to improving the culinary offer of their organisation
- Being responsible for maintaining high standards of personal, food and kitchen hygiene
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 2 Commis Chef Apprenticeship Standard:
- Apprenticeship training will follow a work-based learning model, in which you will be based in the workplace full time
- Monthly visits and progress reviews with your work-based assessor will be used to guide and support you through your apprenticeship off the job learning and preparation for end point assessment
- Functional skills qualifications in maths & English if required
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Ripley Castle Estate promotes internal recognition, recruiting internally to elevate and support you with your Career Development goals.