Early Years Practitioner Apprentice
Nature’s Little Learners is inspired by the amazing abilities of children. We have an exciting opportunity for a fun loving, conscientious individual to join our setting. The position requires someone who is looking to start a new adventure with a career supporting young children to learn and develop in a nurturing environment.
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Work cooperatively with your room leader/mentor, follow instructions with ease, and dedicate time and effort to learning to complete the follow to a high standard.
- Ensures that all children attending the setting are kept safe and receive rich and stimulating play experiences appropriate to their age and stage of development.
- Observes, supports and extends children’s learnings.
- Appropriately plans individual learning experiences for children under the EYFS curriculum.
- Builds and maintains an effective partnership with parents.
- To complete assignments/tasks set by assessor on time.
- To attend all training as set out in your training agreement.
- To complete training and gain the relevant childcare qualification.
- To dedicate your time and enthusiasm to training, learning carry out the following tasks to a high standard.
- To deliver a high standard of learning, development and care for children aged 0-5 years.
- To work alongside staff members to provide an interesting and fun environment for out of school club children.
- To ensure that the nursery is a safe environment for children, staff and others.
- To develop partnerships with parents/carers to increase involvement in their child’s development.
- To provide a safe, caring, stimulating educational environment, both indoors and outdoors, always.
- To deliver an appropriate play based Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) curriculum that enables children to make individual progress.
- To help ensure we always meet Ofsted requirements.
- To understand and work following the nursery’s policies and procedures, including how to deal with child protection issues appropriately and how to respond to incidents, accidents, complaints and emergencies.
- To plan activities which ensure each child is working towards the early learning outcomes.
- To be a key worker alongside the key person.
- To ensure records are properly maintained using our Online Software, e.g. daily attendance register, accident and incident book, risk assessments, incident forms, daily logs etc.
- To undertake any other reasonable duties as directed, in accordance with the nursery’s aims and objectives.
- To achieve full & relevant qualification in specified period.
- To use assessor, mentor and management feedback to reflect on learning.
- To follow all company expectations and policies.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Early Years Practitioner Level 2 Apprenticeship Standard.
- To include Level 2 Diploma in Early Years.
- Training to take place at Nature’s Little Learners over 5 days with time given for observation recording and assessment.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- To become a nursery practitioner.
- Progression to supervisor or manager.
- Become an Early Years Educator Apprentice.
Plus Free Uniform. Free hot home-cooked meals.