September is fast approaching and we are looking forward to welcoming you! Harrogate College is a supportive and inclusive environment where you can achieve your dreams. Even if you don’t know what to do next, we can help you find the right course for your goals.

As we get ready for enrolment, we wanted to share some tips and advice with you to help you prepare. You need to enrol with us in person – if you already have your offer, you will receive an email to book your enrolment slot by the end of July. Take a look at the list below to see what you need to bring with you. If you have an offer and want some advice, our doors are open and our Enrolment team are ready to help!


Thinking of joining us and not yet applied? Or have applied somewhere else and changed your mind? Click here for our application form or contact us to discuss your options.

lightbulb icon
Harrogate College building entrance

Opening times

Thursday 22 August – Friday 30 September

Tuesday, Thursday and Friday – 10am-4pm

Wednesday – 10am-7pm

We are closed on Bank Holiday Monday


Your step by step guide to enrolment

  • Once you have applied you will receive your link to book your enrolment slot. This link should be with you by the end of July (please contact us if you don’t receive this)
  • Use your link to book your enrolment slot via our Pro Portal system
  • Attend your booked enrolment slot. You will need to bring your ID with you (see list below), proof of National Insurance number and proof of your exam results 
  • If you think you may be entitled to any financial support you will need to also bring the evidence needed for this  
  • Once enrolled you will be given your start date at college

Your enrolment checklist

Please bring with you:

Your results

We can’t enrol you without evidence of your exam results. This could be an exam slip, letter from your school or your certificates.

Proof of your National Insurance number

This can be your National Insurance card or a tax or benefits letter.

Proof of identity

See below for acceptable forms of ID.

If you’re 16-18

One form of ID is required from the list below to enrol:

  • Passport
  • Driving Licence
  • ID Card or other form of national identification
  • Certificate of Entitlement to Funding
  • Bank/Credit/Debit Card
  • Bus Pass
  • Utility Bill
  • JCP Documentation
  • Other Benefit Evidence
  • Continuing Student with Harrogate College (Existing Student ID)
  • Government ID
  • Evidence of your nationality/residency if applicable*

If you’re over 19

Please bring proof of any previous qualifications you may have.

Living in a West Yorkshire Combined Authority?

You will need to bring one form of photo ID such as a:

  • Passport
  • Driving Licence
  • ID Card or other form of national identification
  • Bus Pass
Proof of address:
  • Utility Bill
  • Bank Statement
  • Council Tax Bill

If you’re not a British citizen please also bring evidence of your right to reside in the UK*.

You may also want to bring:
  • Bottled water, or anything else that will make you feel comfortable in our space, such as sensory toys and comforts
  • A family member or friend to accompany you (one additional person per student)

*If you have not been living in the UK for three years before your course starts (or before 1st September 2024, if you are aged 16-18), you will need to bring evidence of your current immigration permission in the UK (for example, passport and biometric residence permit, Home Office letter, ARC card). If your immigration permission was granted on the basis of your relationship to another person, you will need to provide evidence of that relationship (for example, birth certificate, marriage/civil partnership certificate).

Illustrations of passport, money, tickets and ID documents needed for Harrogate College enrolment

blue map marker

Where do I need to go?

All of our courses are taught on one site at Hornbeam Park and you should come here to enrol with us:

Hornbeam Park Ave


What is life like at Harrogate College?

Now you know what to expect from enrolment, you can start to get excited about joining us! At Harrogate College, we treat each learner as an individual and we ensure that you have the support you need to succeed.

“The best thing about the T Level is the mixture of theory and practical learning. I like to learn the basics so that I can then put it all into practice when doing work experience.”

Adrian Clopot,
Digital and IT T Level

“One thing I found out at the open evening was that the Art and Design course was really flexible, meaning I could focus on the styles and art mediums I wanted to.”

Reece Longdon,
Level 2 and 3 Art & Design

“From a parent’s perspective, I found everyone at Harrogate College to be friendly and welcoming. There were lots of things to see and do in all the classrooms, I particularly loved the photography rooms and science labs.”

(Local Blogger, Harrogate Mama)

Check out our videos below to see which industry-level facilities you could be studying in!

Unsure which path is right for you?

Use our course comparison guide to work out what types of qualification are best for you:

If you’re still not sure what course you want to do, get in touch with our friendly team at Harrogate College and we’ll help you to make a decision.

Financial and Welfare Support

Here at Harrogate College we don’t want finance to be a barrier to study. We offer a range of financial support to students to help with the costs associated with studying. You may be able to access support with travel, meals, childcare, fees and course related costs if you meet certain eligibility criteria. If you think you may be entitled to any financial support you will need to also bring the evidence needed for this to your enrolment meeting.

For full details of the support available to help you study, go to our Student Financial Support webpage.

Funds are limited so eligible students are advised to apply immediately after their enrolment. Staff will be available to support you to apply using the Student Financial Support Fund online application form which will be emailed to you. To complete the application, students must show their income evidence to staff when requested, (e.g. working tax credit/child tax credit award notice, benefits letter, Universal Credits statement, home office letter/ASPEN/ARC Card).

If you require childcare support, you can apply now and can do this by downloading the childcare applications form and quote form from the Student Finance page of the student intranet or here Applications must be checked and signed by curriculum admin teams before being scanned and submitted to If you are 20+ and applying for childcare, you must also bring a copy of your child’s birth certificate to your enrolment meeting.

holding hands in the shape of a heart blue icon
Harrogate College teacher and student both looking at a desktop computer screen together

Frequently asked questions

We hope these FAQs address any concerns you may have. If you can’t find the answer to your question please get in touch, our friendly team is ready to help. Using our online chat is the best way to speak to us and get the information you are looking for.
  • Can I enrol online?

    Enrolment takes place in person at the college, as online enrolment is not available. Please visit the college at your scheduled time, and our welcoming staff will help you to enrol.

  • What happens when I visit campus?

    You will be welcomed by a friendly member of staff who will speak to you about your next steps. Whether this is advising you on your post-GCSE options or helping you to find a course based around your interests, we can help. Visiting campus will also give you a good feel for the place.

  • How long will it take to enrol?

    Enrolment takes place at the college and should take approximately fifteen minutes. Our friendly team will guide you through the process and answer any questions you may have. There’s no need to feel rushed – we are here to help and will ensure you are satisfied with everything before you head off to enjoy the rest of your day.

  • When will I get my college card, lanyard and timetable?

    You will usually receive these during your college induction. Your tutor or a member of your course department will contact you to arrange this.

  • I am already a student returning to college, when do I start in September?

    The department you are studying with will contact you to arrange your return date to college and detail any information regarding what you need to bring with you.

Contact details

If you have any questions you’re welcome to get in touch! The easiest way is to contact us using our Live Chat on the website.


Call: 01423 879466