Business Administration Apprenticeship
To provide administrative support to everyone in the practice. Kirbys Solicitors is a dynamic and progressive legal business that believes in building good relationships that are based on an understanding of our clients’ needs and aspirations, and to assist in fulfilling those needs by offering sound legal advice.
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Collect DX from pick up point by 10:30am every morning.
- Filing and archiving plus arrangement of destruction when appropriate.
- Undertake photocopying tasks.
- Upon arrival of post, scan documents onto system to the various departments.
- Do stock count and place orders for stationery (to be agreed by Practice Manager).
- Hand Delivery of documents to the courts and other offices.
- Binding of Documents and preparation of court bundles.
- Take special deliveries to Post Office.
- Assisting with IT workstation set ups and any subsequent dismantling.
- Providing ad-hoc cover on reception as and when the business requires.
- Reporting to Practice Manager with Excel spreadsheets of files taken to and from storage facility by the end of each day.
- Load Dishwasher before leaving the building and ensure kitchen fire escape door is locked.
- Deliver DX mail to pick-up point no later than 4:30pm.
- Prepare Franked mail and deliver to special post box next to the Odeon Cinema no later than 5.00pm.
- To undertake specific training when required to do so and overall to have a responsibility towards self-development.
- Contribute to maintaining a safe and healthy work environment.
- Contribute to maintaining and improving office procedures.
- Any other duties which from time to time are required by the firm.
- Excess Rubbish collected and placed in green bin outside for collection on Friday morning.
- Toner and Ink cartridges sent for recycling.
- Arrange for delivery of water coolers.
- Arrange Shred on site for annual destruction pre–SRA Audit.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 3 Business Administrator apprenticeship standard:
- Apprenticeship training will follow a work-based learning model, in which you will be based in the workplace full-time
- Monthly visits and progress reviews with your work-based assessor will be used to guide and support you through your apprenticeship off the job learning and preparation for end point assessment
- Functional Skills in English and maths if required
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
As with previous apprentice’s there are opportunities within the business for advancement
Monday to Friday, 8.30-17.00, 1.25 hrs, Lunch-break each day.
Total hours per week: 36.25
Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Administrative skills, Team working, Initiative
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade 4/c) Desired
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/c) Desired
Things to consider
Successful applicant will need to be able to work in the UK and will be subject to a criminal records DBS check