Know what apprenticeship you're looking for?
What are apprenticeships?
Apprenticeships allow students to participate in work-based training while gaining nationally recognised qualifications. These hands-on programmes are crafted on local employer demands, enabling apprentices to develop practical skills in their chosen field. Successful completion of apprenticeships can lead to university, higher apprenticeships or directly into work with local employers.
Training takes place during work and at college. The main benefits of apprenticeships include:
- High-quality training with the only vocational qualification provider in the district
- Improved industry connections
- Hands-on experience and insight of a chosen industry
- The opportunity to progress to university
- Achieving a recognised industry-standard qualification
- A wage and supportive employer
- Experience using industry-standard facilities
Harrogate College has a wide and varied apprenticeship offer, covering all industry sectors.
Apprenticeships are available at Intermediate, Advanced and Higher levels, enabling students to achieve a degree through an apprenticeship.
We have strong industry links providing students with many apprenticeships in areas including:
Minimum wages from 1 April 2020
|Year||25 and over||21 to 24||18 to 20||Under 18||Apprentice|
|April 2020 (current rate)||£8.72||£8.20||£6.45||£4.55||£4.15|
Apprentices are entitled to the apprentice rate if they’re either:
- Aged under 19.
- Aged 19 or over and in the first year of their apprenticeship.
To find out more information on our apprenticeships, contact the team on firstname.lastname@example.org.