Additional dates are available throughout the year - please apply for more
- Identifying building structures and construction methods
- The relevance of Retrofit is to carbon reduction and reducing bills over
- The whole house approach
- Airtightness of buildings
- Thermal bridging and thermal bypass
- Types of insulation materials
- Selection of measures for retrofit
- Sustainability considerations
Zero Carbon Harrogate are offering funded places to businesses in the
Harrogate district and CITB members also receive a discounted rate - please
contact the organisations directly for more information or contact the college
for more information.
There are no candidate prerequisites however, a basic knowledge of retrofit and building terminology and techniques would be beneficial.
Who is this course for?
Construction workers, DIY enthusiasts, site managers at small firms, anyone considering having retrofitting carried out on their homes.
- Domestic Energy Assessor (DEA)
- Retrofit Assessor (PAS2035) on successful completion of DEA
- Retrofit Coordinator on successful completion of Retrofit Assessor
For the successful completion of training, candidates must complete an end
of course knowledge test that measures the learning outcomes and has a pass or
fail criteria. Participants will be issued a Certificate of Attendance at a
Retrofit Awareness Event.