Apprentice Care Assistant
If you are interested in becoming a care assistant in Harrogate, Selby or York and are caring, friendly and focused on helping us deliver quality homecare to our clients, then we would love to hear from you. Our senior team will give you the help and support your need, and hope that you enjoy becoming a part of the fantastic team at St Margaret’s. You will be responsible for delivering a personalised homecare service to each client in their own home.
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Responsible for delivering a personalised homecare service to each client in their own home.
- Tasks could involve: helping clients, get up, washed, showered or bathed. This may also include preparing breakfast.
- An evening call to help clients get ready for bed and prepare dinner.
- An overnight stay to support clients through the night. This may also include morning or end of day assistance discussed above. assist with washing, laundry, shopping, meal preparation or any other assistance clients would like through the day.
- Supporting clients with social activities such as attending appointments, visiting family or friends or simply going for a walk with good company.
- Companionship and medication support.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- You will undertake an adult care worker level 2 apprenticeship.
- This will take on average 15 months to complete.
- It will be totally work based and regular assessor visits will take place between the college, apprentice and employer at the workplace
- As an apprentice you will receive 6hrs of learning time each week, allocating to their apprenticeship to concentrate on any set development activities.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Further training is negotiable depending on your role and aspirations. This could lead for example to lead adult care worker apprenticeship.